Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome, or not.

My name is Sarah, and I'm infertile. While that doesn't sum up everything that i am, it's by far the largest part of my life right now. I'm 26 years old, and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for two years. We've been trying to avoid crazy fertility treatments if we can, but the more time goes on, the more it looks like that's what we're going to have to do.

The title of this blog is pretty self-explanatory. My guess is that if you are here, you probably have the same infertility struggle. If that's the case, I am SO very sorry. It's not right, and it's not fair. I understand the pain of another negative pregnancy test, and the frustration when a friend gets pregnant, not because you're not happy for her, but because you feel so guilty for feeling sad that she is, and you're not.

I want this to be a place to share your feelings, and experiences with the infertility battle. I want this to be a place where you can say what you really feel, and laugh about things that probably wouldn't be all that funny to anyone else. So welcome, I'm sorry you have to be here...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your post on babycenter & thought I would come drop by :)
    I too started a ttc blog a little while ago, and while I am still very new to the whole ttc blogging, it has helped me vent & has been nice. So, I think you will enjoy it But hopefully not for long! Here is to us both getting our BFPs! Your site is so cute by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I also saw your link on babycenter and decided to take a look. Thanks for sharing your story. I've been TTC for 6 months now with no luck. My partner has 3 kids from a previous marriage so I am very very frustated and saddened that it's not happening for us. Every month when I see a BFN or AF arrives I get upset but it helps to read that others are experiencing the same thing. I also haven't told anyone except for 1 friend (who doesn't want to have kids at all), and it helps, but talking to others anonymously like this helps even more. Good luck to you and to others in the same situation!

    ReplyDelete