Monday, April 27, 2009

Health food stores....




This week I made the trek to our local health food store in search of this supposed miracle herb--Chasteberry. I almost felt as if I needed a good disguise. I live in a town where everyone seems to know each other. Because we've made our "trying" a secret, I'm extra discreet about shopping. So I'm in the store, and right away I notice a woman from my church. She is a total sweetheart, so I felt bad for avoiding her. The store is not very large, so she ended up seeing me, and because she is really into holistic healing, she asked me what I was looking for, and started giving me advice about what kind of vitamins I should be taking at my age, and yadda yadda. Because I was trying to hide the fact that I was there for fertility help, I ended up buying my $6 Chasteberry, and also $50 of crap I didn't need. Part of me just wanted to come clean about why I was there. There was no way though. I just hate to lie.

I actually took Chasteberry last year, and it helped me to have more regular cycles. When we took a break from *really* trying for about 5 months, I stopped. I just needed a breather! So I'm glad to be back on, and am praying that more cycles equal more chances to have a baby! The Hub and I decided that even if (when) we have our own, that we'd both like to adopt a baby from China. I've always been interested in adoption, and after my husband researched it to death, he seems to think it's great too! Of course, it's not cheap, or easy. However, if I've learned anything about trying to have a baby, sometimes trying to have yur own isn't cheap, or easy either... ;-)

So right now I'm just waiting for the big "O" oh wait, not that one... the OTHER big "O" as in, ovulation! Of course the frustrating part about having an irregular cycle is not really knowing when to expect it! It'll come though, and when it does, I'll be ready! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment